Monday, December 11, 2006

Even the Devil keeps it crunk

Check out the video below which I found here.



I must say that while I think it's pretty cool and creative to create a video for your high school football team, I must say that the whole "devil walk" is a bit much. I mean really, the DEVIL WALK? And this is the South so you'd think that somebody's momma or daddy has enough of a grasp of some religion to tell these kids this is really not an okay thing to do. I mean come on, the DEVIL WALK. Or am I just taking this one too seriously? I know it's all in the spirit of the team but couldn't they have named it something else?

4 comments:

Daneger said...

I feel what you are saying Bone but in there defense they are probably just naming it after the school mascot and nothing more. My highschool mascot in NC was the Red Devils and our rivals were the Blue Devils and I thought this was someone from that school until I heard him say Georgia. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see one of them country boys from around my moms area do this same thing man.

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe I'm just over-reacting then.

T.a.c.D said...

Yea I agree with Dane that is prolly after a mascot...HOWEVER, I am on the fence about this one because I still don't like the idea of the song, dance, or even mascot being named "red devil" or "blue devils" they have the same thing in JErsey (which by the way I can see is country as hell state even though its up north)

Anonymous said...

Let me clarify that I understand this is all about their team mascot, but that doesn't really make a difference. In the south where people are notoriously more religious than people up North especially black folks, I would think that the parents would have shut this down. But I guess not.

But this is sort of similar to people wanting the Redskins, the Cleveland Indians, etc. to change the team names. Though these names aren't biblical, they can be found offensive by certain groups of folks. And the devil dance itself may be found offensive by certain folks as well.

Jersey is like that because there's no true city in that state. They bum-off NY and Philly as their urban area.