Friday, February 17, 2006

WEB NERD ALERT: Firefox Users Beware!!!

There was an article on Yahoo! today about Firefox and a "memory leak" issue. However, what I found most interesting in this article is how to get to the config file for Firefox and what you can do when you get there...

If you use Firefox, type "about:config" in the location bar and hit enter. You'll get all the configuration settings. Scroll through and you can probably figure out some interesting settings for your browser. I haven't thoroughly went through them all (and I probably never will) but I did take a quick glance and noted that there are a few that I will probably go back and play around with when I have some "free" time.

Here's another article about the memory leak by a guy who works for Google and is a lead developer on the Mozilla browser project
.

No comments: