Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So Mike you just gon' do your taxes? That's what's goin' on in the streets???

Yesterday I finally got around to doing my taxes. I know some of you are probably saying "Finally, you've got until April 15th!!!!" Well, I normally knock my taxes out by Feb. 15th just to get them out of the way and have a lil extra money to get "creative" with...Feel me?

Anywho, I used taxact.com for the second-year in a row, filing my state and federal taxes for a whopping total of $16. Although that $16 set back my weekly lunches a bit, I HIGHLY recommend this site for folks who have yet to file their taxes. It's very well organized and does a good job of explaining everything to you in regard to tax benefits, incentives, credits, etc. Not to mention you can electronically file everything so you don't have to mail anything to anybody or get a check in the mail (it'll be directly deposited into your account).

If you are wondering where to go to do your taxes or if you are one of those people who's afraid to do their taxes on your own, just go check out the site and see if you like it. You can go all the way through the entire process and just stop and save all your information. That way you can go back and file through the website if you want or you can say forget it and file your taxes whatever other way you choose.

No comments: