Monday, February 13, 2006

Kobe Bean Bryant: You are str8 commercial homie!

Love Me or Hate Me starring Young Kobe!



Let's dissect this one:

1. Hate/Love your game: On that court homie, you are UNSTOPPABLE! I like A-I better than you because he's a REAL dude off the court as well as on it. But on that court, you run -ish! Can't take nothing away from you man. Definitely not those 81 you dropped on Toronto...LMAO! I'll take LOVE on this one. And I can't hate your fade-away or hunger either. Nor the fact that you are a PROVEN veteran on the field. Nor that you're a 3 time champion. Love all that.

2. Hate/Love your swagger: You need that swagger. You gotta have the cockiness to your game like Jigga does in rap. But there's a thin line. It's fine to be cocky on the court and play it off like your a humble guy. That's cool. But when you try to front like you're really not cocky in general...I gotta HATE that. Do you cuz.

Not that I am a Kobe lover or a Kobe hater at all. I mean, I kinda love HIS WIFE (in case you can't tell, her shirt says "Fashionable M!th@rf$ck@r"...LMAO!) but that doesn't count. And I kinda hate that he embarassed himself by cheating on his wife.

But overall, if you are a guy, I think you have to have at least one issue with him and that's him snitching on Shaq when there was no need to. I mean come on! As if telling on Shaq was gonna make him look better; get him less jail time; or make Shaq look bad. I mean most people assume that NBA players cheat. It's not right and it shouldn't be acceptable, but that just seems to be the way it is. So, when everything hits the fan and your a$$ is on the line, one of two things happen. You revert back to the rules that men live by (see Google for "Carmelo" or "Stop Snitchin") or you get scared and decide it's okay to let some information slide out. We all know what Kobe chose to do. Even if it wasn't gonna help his cause at all, he just HAD to tell the cops that Shaq cheated on his wife and paid off the women he slept with in order to keep them quiet. To me, that's just something you don't do. It's not cool to protect people in every situation, especially if someone's life has been lost or if someone's life is on the line. But running off at the mouth when you don't have to is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY unnecessary and a chump move.

So with all that said, I have to say: LOVE Kobe on the court, but hate him off of it. I'd roll with A.I. before I hung with Kobe. He just seems like a real person who is who he is with no regrets or reservations. I can't say that about Kobe.


Oh yeah, Nas had a few things to say about Kobe's situation...Check it out:

Uh, Massa used to breed us to be bigger to go play
Athletes of today in the NBA, make me proud
But there's somethin' they don't say
Keep gettin' accused for abusin' White pussay
From OJ to Kobe, uh let's call him Tobe
First he played his life cool just like Michael
Now he rock ice too just like I do
Yo, you can't do better than that?
The hotel clerk who adjusts the bathroom mat?
Now you lose sponsorships that you thought had your back
Yeah, you beat the rap jiggaboo, fake nigga you
You turn around then you shit on Shaq
Who woulda knew, Mr. Goodie-Two-Shoes
He love a little butt crack, got enough cash
Little kids with they bus pass who look up to you
To do something for the youth, stupid spoof
But you let them use you as an example
They would rep, but our heroes got they hands full

Check out another interesting article on Kobe.

No comments: