Tuesday, February 7, 2006

WWW.YOURMUSIC.COM



yourmusic.com is a website that I found out about a while ago. It's a great site if you are a music-lover and you need some way to get old albums (of any genre) that you weren't able to buy originally or that are so old they weren't available in CD format.

The way the website works is that you join and become a member then setup a music queue. The music queue holds all the CDs that you like and want to buy. Every month a CD will be mailed to you from your queue. The cost will be $5.99 and the shipping is ALWAYS free! That's great!

As a member you'll be shipped one CD per month out of your queue. This is how they keep you as an active member I guess. But since you're the person putting CDs in your queue, you'll always get what you want. And it's cheaper than going to any store to buy a CD. Also, if you find that you want to buy other CDs, you can buy any CD available on the site for $5.99 with no shipping. Double-CD sets are $11.99. This is great for those of us who want to buy CDs for cheap and also need to go back and get those classics we missed.

Drawback: The only drawback is that yourmusic.com does not get CDs as soon as they are released. For example, say Jill Scott dropped an album tomorrow. Yourmusic.com probably won't get it on the site for another month or so. So if you're looking for new CDs that just came out for a cheap price, this is not the best site for that. But aside from that, the service is great. I get a new CD every month and the website takes the money directly out of my checking account so I don't have to do anything but put the CDs in my queue and wait for them to ship every month.

I thought I'd put this out there because I like this site a lot. Peace!

No comments: