Thursday, February 2, 2006

Weather the storm....Kinda: El Nino, La Nina, Iguana Cantina

El Nino, La Nina, Iguana Cantina (this one's a joke).




1. Why do all these crazy weather patterns have hispanic names? "La Nina, which means "infant girl" in Spanish, is generally the opposite of an El Nino weather pattern." What does an infant girl have to do with weather? This is weatherman slang ya'll, I'm telling you! Are they trying to make these weather patterns sound interesting or perhaps sexy? Well, there's nothing sexy about an infant girl. Interesting, maybe.

2. Am I the only person who sees that all the seasons are shifting? Winter is from December to March...Spring is from April to June...Summer is from July to September and there's two good months of Fall...October and November.

Personally, I think all this weather stuff is due to global warming and a depleted ozone layer anyway. So drop the aerosol bottles and reduce some of those CFCs (chloroflourocarbons...wheww) you're letting out into the earth's atmosphere. Unless of course, it's air freshner in the bathroom.

But the hotter the better. You know, until I melt, get skin cancer, or can't go outside without sunglasses. But until then, it makes Labor Day in Miami pretty d@mn sweet!

2 comments:

Lawrenorder said...

I HATE summer. Fall is the BEST, and I'm getting cheated out of winter. I have no doubt I'll die of heat stroke or be the victim of some random heat-related crime because people loose their MINDS when the temp creeps above 80 degrees too many days in a row. Here's to keeping myself inside in a couple of months. Miami?! Good riddance.
:-)
or more power to ya. Which ever you prefer.

Anonymous said...

Miami...The power's all MINE!