Monday, May 1, 2006

Those Volkswagen commercials seem to be working!

You may or may not have read my recent post about the Volkswagen ads called "Safe Happens" where you get a birds-eye view of how it feels to be in a car crash. Well, it appears that these ads haven't just been catching my eye, but that of most of America.


"Volkswagen says that since the ads touting Jetta's crash safety began on April 10, requests for brochures are up 37% at call centers and 56% on the Web compared with the first 15 days of March, and Internet requests for dealer price quotes are up 58%."


Though requests for info may be up, like I said, these commercials do not make me want to buy a Jetta. I doubt they'd make any of us want to do anything but buckle up our safety belts while we're on the road.

It was interesting to see that I am not the ONLY person out there who is being affected by these ads whether it is in a good or a bad way. So while I don't think this is gonna boost sales for VW's in general (and definitely not the Jetta), I am still gonna cop that VW Touareg at some point in time. Fellas, don't sweat me afterward and start going out and getting this joints. In the words of Jay-Z..."that was ME FIRST!"

Well, not yet. But for now I can enjoy these:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well... i love my passat! the best car i ever had (and i've had a few!) :)
kaisha