Friday, September 8, 2006

Come on man...You know...Hip-Hop!

"They ask me what I'm writing for/
I'm writing to show you what we fighting for/
...
Even when we suffer loses I still count the victory/
...
Shine like my girl heavenly smile/"
I love this song so much! Even with Hi-Tek's average raps the song still has that vibe that moves me.
This is definitely in my top 3 Talib songs of all time.

Here's one of the others:

Never Been In Love Before



You gotta like the concept of this video. The beat is dope (Just BLAAAAAAZE!), his lyrics are on point and come across as sincere. And frankly, this is a song that I can definitely relate to.
"Thick like bifocals/
Stacked like tupac vocals/
Her body so loco!"

"I don't care what people say/
As long as she and me okay/
Cuz I never been in love before/
All of this is new to me/
And this ain't what I'm use dto see/
Cuz I never been in love before/"

"Dudes tryna dive in it/
First they wanna spit on my name and tarnish my image/"
And I just had the random thought about this joint. Mos Def's "Ms Fat Booty". This is easily my favorite Mos Def joint of all-time:



"Is sugar and spice the ONLY thing that you made of?"
I know I'm not the only guy out there who can relate to this joint as well. Girls, girls, girls....

4 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

just a good life

jendayi said...

oh my goodness!!! That's my favorite Mos Def song!!! It's the only song I know all the words to and spit with conviction! Ooooh. You just made me have a great day (after getting a speeding ticket - i haven't blogged about that yet, so keep it on the hush).

jendayi said...

ok. i just tuned in on the other two songs you have on here, and i like the way you think. The Blast was definitely one of my top 10 when it came out. i still remember that time period... like jamesee-st-smile said "just a good life". thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

Glad I couldn't brighten your day. These songs are definitely some of my soulful hip-hop favorite joints. Alot of folks probably think I just listen to Jay-Z, Young Dro, Scarface, and whoever else all day, but my hip-hop game is fairly well-rounded. I like good hip-hop music and this is definitely it!