Monday, September 25, 2006

Random Miscellaneousness...

50 Cent and Sam Jack'



I gotta give Fiddy his props for this joint. That's a HUGE move for him. Just look at the cast. Since when does a rapper other than LL or Will Smith (who's arguably a rapper) get a part in a movie like this???


Def Jam Fall Schedule:



# Redman
Red Gone Wild
October 3

# Shareefa
Point of No Return
October 24

# Lady Sovereign
Public Warning
October 31

# Bobby Valentino
Special Occasion
November 14

# Jay-Z
Kingdom Come
November 21


# Young Jeezy
Thug Motivation 102: The Inspiration
December 12

# Nas
Hip-Hop Is Dead...The N
December 19


I won't even start talking about Nas album getting pushed BACK and Jay-Z's joint still dropping in November. Won't even mention it...


New YOUNG Jeezy - I Love It






Looks like the same ole' same ole' from Young Jeezy. "She don't like my flow, she just like my ad-libs (YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!)".

Allegedly this is his lead single off his Thug Motivation 102 disc. Yes, Thug Motivation 102...Second class. Let's Get It!


Sytle P and Sheek - 914





Is it just me or does this song have a odl-school hip-hop feel to it? I like this joint.


New Luda (featuring Pimp C, Beanie Sigel and C Muder - Do Ya Time

The track linked-to above is pretty much F-I-R-E! Everybody gets their shyt off (no johnnycakes) on this one. Luda's "Release Therapy" drops 2MORROW!



SIDEBAR: After this week's episode of The WIRE, I think I am going to stop using "No Johnnycakes" and start using "No Omar".


Reviews/comments coming soon...

1. Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
2. Young Dro - The Best Thang Smokin'. Yeah, I bought it..AND WHAT!?!

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Interesting list...I said "no johnnycakes" to my kids and they was like "WHAT??" I was like that's like saying "No homo" but a little better WAIT until I hit them with "No omar" I love being one step ahead of them....

jendayi said...

How did fiddy pull that?!

Anonymous said...

The johnnycakes and Omar thing are probably only going to be relevant to me and people who view this blog or hang out with me. The kids might start looking at you crazy (LOL).

I think that 50 uses his popularity and ability to draw people into his movies, music, etc. as leverage to get parts like this. The producers know that if 50 is in the movie, there's a certain demogrpahic that will most likely see it. Whether it be black kids, white kids, hip-hop fans, whatever. Because he is in the film, it's going to get promotion in certain outlets, word-of-mouth promotion from people who just LOVE 50, and it'll draw people in who may otherwise have not went to see the film. It's like putting Jay-Z in a movie. People like me will be interested just b/c Jay-Z is in it. Not because he's a talented actor.

Anonymous said...

Jeezy suck he is not even among the top 50 emcees.he was talking about Nas's street credibility. Jeezy needs to shut his 5th grade educated ass the fuck up. Who gives a shut if Nas is "in the streets" or has friends in the feds?!?!? That is coon sh*t!!!! Why would your crack baby ass try to brag about that. Jeezy is everything that is wrong with hip hop.
Nas brought the streets of QB to the world like none other. Allow a man to grow. WE NEED GROWN MEN IN HIP HOP.by noughskrilla Nima Ghana.