Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Redskins LOSE, I don't blame Jon Hall though

My team lost their first game of the season (and home-opener) last night to the Minnesota Vikings. I am not as upset about the loss as I thought I would be. It bothered me a bit for about 4 minutes after the game until I started watching the first episode of the WIRE On Demand. Anyway, what I realized is that even though the Skins have new players, new coaches, and are supposed to be really really good (on paper)...They still have the same problems they have had over the past couple of years. Namely:

1. An inability to score inside the red zone

2. An inability to keep their momentun going on drives and in the game in general

3. A defense that's good at everything but great at nothing.

4. A specials teams group that is average at best.

Combine these problems with the following and you have a pretty good recipe for losing a close game to a very average Minnesota squad:

- Antwaan Randle El not getting past the first down marker on that crucial 3rd down on the Skins final drive of the game. How he did NOT manage to get past the marker is really beyond me.

All these reasons are why I am NOT upset with Jon Hall even though he should have made the kick. He gets paid to make kicks at crucial points in the game. That's all he does, so he should be able to make that kick. But in reality, the Skins should never have been in that position in the first place. Especially if they took care of numbers 1 and 2 above.

On another note, my favorite moment of the night was Clinton's Portis' debut of the mohawk haircut. It appears that this haircut is becoming quite popular among athletes and celebrities. I have to give Diddy credit for bringing this trend back because he did this way back during that "Diddy Runs the City" thing and now it's really caught on. I don't really like it nor do I think it's stylish or cool but to each his own. Ladies, I guess this is a decent way to weed out the guys who have white-collar jobs from those who are either *stars*, athletes, gay (LOL), or just plain bamas. Second to this moment was Jamie Foxx's minutes in the booth with the sportscasters. He really had me dying laughing for about five straight minutes. The odd part is that he wasn't even trying. But the guy seems so relaxed and genuinely comical that I could not stop myself from giggling.

Loss #1...0-1 on the year.

2 comments:

Daneger said...

Man you really have to include Sean Taylor's 2 penalties on 3rd down plays that would have resulted in punts but insted drove them down the field for those last 3 pts. Pissed me off man!!!! Dude needs to bring it down just one notch when it starts costing us games.
Oh and did you realized that Clinton Portis' head wasn't bald on the side but dyed Redskins red/burgundy. WTF!!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right Dane. But tend to accept the sicko's retarded plays b/c he is usually good for a big hit or a big play in-between those idiotic moments he has. One of those penalties was BS though. The hit on the sideline was mostly shoulder.

Yeah, I noticed CP's hair too. Couldn't stop thinking of Sonic the Hedgehog. Dude is eccentric like that.