Wednesday, September 13, 2006

[More or Less] The older I get...



the more I realize how precious life is.

the more I appreciate different kinds of music.

the more I realize how much I LOVE women of all different shapes, sizes, and ethnicities.

the more I want to fall in love again.

the more I wish my father was in my life when I was younger.

the more I wish my father wasn't deceased.

the more I wish I was more honest with my parents when growing up.

the more I enjoy seeing my brother grow up into a stand-up young man.

the more I appreciate my family and what they've done for me.

the more I thank God for everything he's blessed me with.

the more I fear losing my grandparents.

the less I fear death.

the more I am disappointed in how politics works.

the more I become steadfast in achieving my goals.

the more I appreciate good friends.

the less I stress.

the more I want a wife and kids.

the less I have time for any type of bullshyt.

the less I have time to fight (in any sense of the word).

the more I regret the hurtful things I have done to people directly or indirectly.

the more I grow mentally and spiritually.

the more I learn about my father's side of my family tree.

the more I want to know about my father's side of my family tree.

the more I travel.

the less I drink for fun.

the more I drink to relax.

the more I love my mother, stepfather, grandparents, and brother.

the more I learn.

the more I love.

the more I live...

9 comments:

Daneger said...

You are really getting sensitive on this joint lately but I feel you all the same. A lot of this applies to me too. I wonder how many of us in our big circle of friends grew up without there father around?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was in that kind of mood today. I have been on some introspective, reflectional type shyt today.

Dude, let me tell you how many didn't grow up with their biological father around.

Me, Prince, Big Nose Toney, Bay, Wayne, you. Now the only others are Jon, Randy, Timmy (if you even remember Tim), and Isaac. I could extend this to Eddie Dent, Joe Dorsey, and other people who lived around the way but weren't in our age group, but you get my point.

Daneger said...

I remember a Tim vaugely and I don't remember Joe Dorsey but I remember everyone else you named. You know when we were young (like 12) I thought Black (Big Nose Toney) was a grown ass man. LOL. Is that Eddie you are talking about Ed that's passed or the one that lived across the street from you and Bay with the big ass dog?

Anonymous said...

Tim used to live next door to Bay going in the direction of Glacier Ave. Joe Dorsey lived on the other side of Omaha in-between Isaac and Randy. Eddie I'm talking about was the one with the big ass dog. And just for the record. Tony was 32 years of age when I was in the 12th grade...LMAO!

jendayi said...

You and Dane are funny. Just reading you guys' convos make me smile.

Isn't progression a wonderful thing?

T.a.c.D said...

Stop playing about Tony being 32...now 22 I'll give you though...


Its good to think about yourself and reflect and grow...I think we are all at that point right now....peace out

Anonymous said...

Waddup VEGAS???

You know I was joking about Tony. He was prolly like 20 when we were in our senior year. No bullshyt.

T.a.c.D said...

Waddup though....what da bidness iz?

I know you was joking...but I seriously give him btwn 20 & 22 our senior year....

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Yer funny!