Thursday, October 19, 2006

The evolution of my feelings toward Robin Thicke

I'll have to confess, a minute ago, I completely sh@t on Robin Thicke and his song "Wanna Love You". I totally ripped this guy. But I was encouraged by a friend (shot out to Crystal) to listen to his album online a week or so ago and decided to do just that. Not only was I pleasantly surprised, I was impressed. This guy's CD is actually pretty good.

With that said, I am not taking back what I said about that song, but I will say that I was wrong about him not having any singing talent. The guy can sing. And he still might be a Justin Timberlake clone in a sense, but he has talent in his own right. Not to mention he's married to the stunningly beautiful and "I'd sign over all my life insurance benefits to"...Paula Patton. Whom he notes as his "muse" in the liner notes of his CD. I'm sure she'd be my muse too homie. 100% sure!

So, in recognition of me putting my foot in my mouth yet again and because I want my e-friend BrownSkinLady to listen to his album, it will be featured on this little blog of mine for the foreseeable future (read: until Nas, Game, or Jigga drops) as my Virtual Playlist (see top right of THIS PAGE). Enjoy!

Married people, make babies...Couples, make LOVE...Single folks...Stop it...That shyt is NASTY! Go find a partner and work backwards through the last 5 sentences!

;-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you stopped hatin on Robin. Dag! Haters! lol. Please recognize that his music, and the music of ones like him, have a profound affect on the ladies. And when the ladies like it, move to it, close their eyes to it, drink it, and experience the whole of it, men usually start to like it too. I think that men who understand what music makes us feel good pretty much has a leg up on the game. =) His CD is so sexy Mike.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was honestly sitting back waiting for you to call me out on this one. What took you so long?

LOL. As stated, I still feel the same way about that song, but I have a newfound respect for him as an artist because the CD is nice.

NegroPino™ said...

Nice blog!!!!peeped the new Robin Cd it was hot!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Merci! Yeah, the CD is ayight...Ain't that right JAC? LOL.

Anonymous said...

I actually started to say something to you about this on Friday but my computer was acting up, so I just said forget it. But I'm glad you realize that I was going to say something.

I let you get away with the 'ayight'. It's better than that but I do realize who I'm talkin to. Thank you Mike. lol.

Anonymous said...

You see, I was going to rage about this line in your initial response but I decided not to because "I realize who I'm talking to" (WTF?):

"Please recognize that his music, and the music of ones like him, have a profound affect on the ladies."

Trust me, I'm all over that. I just didn't like the lead single and made the mistake (yes, mistake) of assuming the rest of his album would be similar to that. Thank GOD it's not!

Anonymous said...

lol. i'm sorry Mike. i take it back. can i take it back? lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmnnnn...I guess so. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Robin Thicke would say: "Man NI99AS be hatin'!"

LOL.

I feel you, but if homie's a good dude and not some arrogant azzwhole, I can't be mad. I like to see good people end up with good people. Or in this case, a good person ended up with a goddess. LOL!