Thursday, July 6, 2006

THE SPILL: Little Brother - Separate But Equal (Part 1)

Little Brother - Separate But Equal (Gangsta Grillz)



Imma leak spill this thing song-by-song. Perhaps one song per day or something like that, we'll see. I'm hoping that since it's a MIXTAPE and not an official album sold in stores (right, Dane?) I won't get locked up for this. For that reason, I would also like to suggest BUYING IT!

Anyway, this is a mixtape. It's part of DJ DRAMA'S Gangsta Grillz series of mixtapes. If you've never heard anything by Little Brother before, I think this is a good introduction to the group, what they're about, and they're music. Hopefully you'll enjoy this stuff as much as I do.

Without any further adieu...

Intro - Separate But Equal


<a href="ttp://mike.webic.biz/separate_but_equal/01 Separate But Equal.mp3">Click here to listen</a>


Just to let you know about those real lyricists Down South. I'm glad they stated this the way they did.

Track 2: Knock Knock


<a href="ttp://mike.webic.biz/separate_but_equal/02 Knock Knock.mp3">Click here to listen</a>


They're just getting warmed up on this joint but you gotta appreciate the wordplay. "Imma showboat on these tracks like Carnival cruises". Just LIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSTTTTTTTEEEENNNNNNN!!!

3 comments:

jendayi said...

I haven't yet listened to the songs, but I already must agree with you when you say to buy the CD; if not for the music, then because of who Little Brother is. Thomas, aka Big Pooh, from Little Brother is the most intelligent, down to earth, sweet, positive, and polite young man that I know. My girlfriend and I recently met up with him and his friend (part of the L.B. entourage) to cut up and see the taping of Def Comedy Jam. After the show, we all went to Fat Burger (a west coast joint) and talked until all hours of the night. We actually had such great conversation that we got kicked out as we were completely unaware of the time. I was SO VERY pleased by him and his friend's personalities, conversation, and characters. You would think that Thomas' pseudo celebrity-ness might affect him as a person, but that assumption is completely wrong. He actually gave me a bright eye towards black young brothers that night. I was delighted to be in his company, and will never forget him.

Just wanted to shout out Big Pooh, rather...Mr. Thomas because that's who I actually know... and give him big praises and nothing but love.

Go buy the CD!

Anonymous said...

Man I have created a monster!!! I come to you Blog and I see lyrics and interviews and songs posted. Man I knew I was putting you on to some good music but DAMN...LOL!

And yeah it is a mixtape but so is The Chittlin' Circuit and that joint was in Best Buy...so I wouldn't assume. But I agree with J.A.C. Make That Purchase!

Dane

Anonymous said...

Wow JAC! That sounds like it was a VERY interesting experience. It's good to see that there are humble, forward-thinking celebs out there. That's wassup!

Dane, I think you may have really created a monster man. Like I've been saying, I can't thank you enough for putting me on to those two CDs. If I get locked up for having the music online, I'll be calling you to bail me out.