Lawyer: Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster
1. Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster
2. "In the late summer of 2004, ESPN has learned, Clarett traveled to Los Angeles and was introduced by a rapper friend to Hai Waknine, 35, a convicted felon who prosecutors believe is a member of an Israeli crime organization called The Jerusalem Group. Waknine, who at the time was being indicted on extortion and money-laundering charges, became Clarett's sponsor and adviser, along with Waknine's attorney, David Kenner. Waknine provided Clarett with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract."
FYI - David Kenner used to be Suge Knight's attorney...Hmmmnnnn. If you read about the deaths of Tupac and Biggie and the ousting of Dr. Dre from Death Row, you'll learn that this dude's got QUITE the reputation out on the Left Coast
3. Clarett's lawyers "received the threatening postcard this week."
4. "It's no secret, however, that Waknine provided Clarett with a life of luxury from August 2004 to August 2005....the FBI contacted Clarett about his relationship with Waknine before the 2005 draft, and it is unknown whether Clarett cooperated." Did this FOOL SNITCH? OMG!
5. About that letter..."It came on a small index card like you use in school or whatever, and whatever language that was on it was actually cut and pasted in the old-fashioned sense, like typed and then cut out and pasted onto it," he said. "And then, obviously, the identity of the sender has been pretty well kept ... they took steps to keep that ... "
Okay, let's all pray for Maurice Clarett because he was obviously/probably involved in something much much bigger than any of us thought. Now it makes sense why he had the vest on, to protect himself. Now it makes sense why he had the guns and hatchet (LOL), to protect himself. From the jump I said that was the reason. Some people (Tony Kornheiser, who I like a lot by the way) said that he had all this weaponry and protection b/c he was going to hurt someone else. Well, I think he had all that stuff for self-defense. NOT to be an outright killer.
So maybe the safest/best place for him is jail. But when he comes home...Mmmmnnnn, mmmmnnnnn, mmmmmnnnn..."It's a d@mn shame what happened to..."