Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm back [home] like I left suntin'!

(UPDATE: Added new flick at #2)

Went to NY this past weekend and had a BALL! Won't divulge all the drunken stupified details, but I will mention the highlights.



1. Saw Jay-Z in the 40/40 Club on Saturday. Definitely NUMBER ONE on my list. Homie's shorter than I thought and looked skinny to me (not Swizz Beatz skinny, but small build). He was chilling in the hallway (surrounded by 4 super-human sized bodyguards) talking to a few people when I was walking through. It's funny because I was a little starstruck to be honest, but most people who were around him were looking like it was nothing. Maybe it was just me.

2. CLUB STRATA Friday night. EASILY the best party I hvae been to since I Opium in Miami last Labor Day.



3. Manna's buffet in Harlem. Soul food buffet on 125th St. in Harlem. VICIOUS. No DIPSET sightings in Harlem by the way. No bloods either.

4. Rode the Kingda Ka at Six Flags in Jersey on Friday. The tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world. Hella fast. Waited in line for FOUR HOURS but it was worth it.



5. Beef patties on Jamaica Avenue in Queens. We went to Queens...Rode through Fiddy's grandmama's neighborhood too. And did a lil window-shopping on Jamaica Avenue. I also went to White Castle for the first time too. Pretty good.

Trips like this are what make me LOVE traveling.

7 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

That sounds like a really good time...So you saw Jigga huh...I wouldn't have probably, NO I would have been star struck as well...
4 hours for ride...yeah I would have done that too...love the rides...
GOOD TIMES!

Lawrenorder said...

Ain't no way in hell I'm standing in line for 4 hours. Just NO WAY.

Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

LOL Lauren. I'm telling you, it was so worth it!

jendayi said...

Sounds like a great trip. Whatchu know about the White Castle and Jamaica Ave shops Mike?!!! I'm with lawrenorder on that one. No way! I saw Jay in 40/40 when I was in school as well. It's not just you because I was definitely star struck too. He was chillin on the steps going up to the second level looking so cool. I did forget that he was there though after about 15 minutes. Club Strata? Never heard of it. I gotta check it out.

Anonymous said...

JAC, I don't know JACK! But I had a good tour guide in my man BHill who's from NY and he showed up around. It was the best weekend of the summer. Strata was OFF THE HOOK!

Anonymous said...

Strata is awesome!! Two New Year's ago my friends and I decided we were gonna do it up right and hit up a hot NYE party in NYC...we ended up getting tix for Strata for quite a hefty sum...but no regrets, the party was AMAZING...

and of course Opium is always the place to be...

I'm glad we keep hanging out at the same joints...now if we could just do it at the same time... :)

Anonymous said...

Sadena, you've been M-I-A? What's good? And how'd you know Opium was the best party I'd been to since this past Friday. Yergood!

Strata was DOPE though!

And don't worry...We'll be in the same place at the same time sometime in the near future, I'm sure of it.