Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Requiem in 4 ACTS



I mentioned this documentary a few days ago
. If you didn't see it last night, YOU MISSED a GREAT beginning to the story of Hurricane Katrina and its effects on the people of the Gulf Coast. I actually made time last night to sit down in front of the boob tube at 9pm and watch the first two acts (there are 4) of this documentary.

Honestly, I was expecting to see Spike Lee's face within the first ten minutes. I don't know why, I just did. Instead I saw what appeared to be a pretty objective view of what happened prior to Katrina hitting; what happened while Katrina was hitting; and what happened the few days after Katrina had done so much devastating damage. And this was just the first two acts. I am not sure if I am going to watch acts 3 & 4, but I encourage everybody to watch acts 1 & 2 either Tuesday the 29th or on HBO On Demand.

You can catch all 4 acts on Tuesday, August 29th at 9pm on HBO. The total running time is 4 hours so it's something you have to be prepared to watch, especially if you are prone to getting emotional. I can't front, I definitely shed a tear last night (shoosh, don't tell nobody) while watching the documentary.

After watching the show I have a developed some new opinions on how things were handled, what really went down with the levees, and what *may* ultimately take place in New Orleans. Thank you Spike for helping educate me and open my eyes to the enormity of the tragedy that was Hurricane Katrina and her aftermath.

No comments: