Most of you already know that I just finished up a summer course a month or so ago. Well, the fall semester begins tomorrow (today for most of you reading this probably) and I have to say that I am not ready nor am I excited about this. Here's why:
1. I don't have any books for the two classes I'm taking. This is pretty much normal procedure for me since undergrad. Back then it was because I was begging my moms for dough and she would get it to me until around week 1 or 2 or 3 of classes. Nowadays it's because I'm begging my moms...Nah, just joking. Just because I am lazy and I don't want to dish out the dough until after I go to the first class and see if we're actually going to use the book. A lot of times in this program it seems like the professors teach the content on their own and recommend the book only as a "resource". Well, I'm "resourceful" on my own (shot out to my mom who passed that trait down to me). So EFF the book unless I need it fo real fo real!
2. I just got back off a weekend of drunken splendor! Do you really think I'm trying to sit in class for 4 hours on Wed. and Thurs. without a Caramel Macchiato and a liter of Red Bull energy drink to keep me awake? Hell NO! Aside from that, I still haven't caught up on sleep from this weekend and I am looking forward to potentially having a repeat of last weekend, this weekend. So how am I going to focus in class with thoughts of laying back with a stogie in my mouth (no johnnycakes) and a cup of Vodka and pineapple juice in my hand?
3. For the most part, school's boring. Yeah, I said it. The fun part is doing the presentation at the end of class knowing that it's the LAST thing you have to do and then it's over. Aside from that and feeling like you're moving one step closer to your goal, school (for me) is pretty boring. Granted, I'm taking a Project Management course and an IT Security course so these two may prove interesting (unlike Quantitative Analysis...ICK!) to me, I'm still not getting my hopes up.
4. Football season is about to start and even though the Redskins have looked horrendous the last two weeks, a true/die-hard fan like myself still thinks we're going to win the Superbowl and will watch every game as if it's the last game Clinton Portis (AKA Souf-feast Jerome) will ever play. Aside from my Skins, there's also the fantasy football league I'm in which will make a lot of games relevant to me that would otherwise be unwatchable. On top of that there's the 4 NFL pools that I am in this season. So football will probably take over my life around week 8 when teams start sorting themselves out in their divisions. And if the Redskins are at least 4-4 at that time, I'll probably still be dumb enough to think we're going to win it all. Hail to the Redskins...Eff the Cowgals!
5. THE WIRE! Honestly though, do I need to say more? The WIRE is back on Sept. 10th on HBO and I am losing sleep already. Will Marlo take over the city? Will Avon begin a war with Marlo and his crew? Will the politicians be as shady as I think they're going to be? What is really good with McNulty now? There are just some of the thoughts I have. I won't even get into my theories of what's going to happen. Just know that I will be catching every episode of this show either when it airs or on HBO OnDemand.
Needless to say, numbers 4 and 5 will probably take up equal or more time than studying. But somehow I'm sure I'll manage. If I have to cut back on studying to catch the WIRE, make a fantasy football trade, BLOG, or see the Skins game...Well, that's just one of those sacrifices you have to make in life. It's gonna be tough guys, but as you can see, I'm going to do what I know is the right thing to do.
Wish me luck everybody! Oh yeah, wait till the NBA season starts. I'll be in an NBA fantasy league just like last year as well...Should have made that #6.